Choose Your Finish
The level of protection, maintenance required, and prep friendliness all help determine which finish is right for your lifestyle.
Tung Oil & Beeswax
- All natural, 100% FDA food safe.
- Our Tung Oil is organic and pure, no diluents or harsh chemicals.
- If you plan to cut, chop, and meal prep on your butcher block this is the finish to choose.
- A beeswax top coat establishes a waterproof layer.
- Maintenance for this finish is a beeswax application once a month. You are supplied with a starter bottle upon purchase.
- This finish will give your butcher block the darkest color because the oil is soaked into the wood which reveals it’s true beauty.
- Protection 50%
- Maintenance 75%
- Prep Friendliness 100%
- This finish is a modified oil finish that forms a molecular bond with the wood fibers for a durable and waterproof finish.
- 100% VOC free meaning no harsh chemicals or odors.
- Monocoat is simple to maintain; if noticeable scratches appear on your Monocoat-finished surface, all you need to do is clean the damaged area well, scuff with light sandpaper and then reapply a new coat where needed.
- This finish has the look and feel of a traditional oil finish while slightly lighter in color than our Tung Oil finish.
- Protection 75%
- Maintenance 45%
- Prep Friendliness 50%
- Conversion varnish forms a super hard film over the top of the wood, much like the clear coat of your car.
- It protects the wood from water and nearly all chemicals.
- This finish will not stain or discolor over time, and stays beautiful for a lifetime.
- Conversion varnish requires zero maintenance, and cleans easily with any household cleaner.
- This finish will give your butcher block a smooth, glassy feel and the lightest coloring.
- Protection 100%
- Maintenance 25%
- Prep Friendliness 25%
Choose the right thickness to complement your design
Normal granite countertops: 1.25″ thick
Our most popular: 2″ thick
CNC Precision Cutouts
Create a functional island or countertop with a precision cutout for your range.
Undermount, overmount, bar sink? We can do it all!
Have a crazy design dreamt up?
We can do it! Just send us a detailed drawing and we can make your dream a reality.
Get Your Quote!
Now that you’ve found the best ways to personalize your countertop, get a quote in seconds
Walnut Wood Works
204 Church Cross Rd.
Bell Buckle, TN 37020